Elisa's Reviews > Cinder

Cinder by Marissa Meyer

liked it

** spoiler alert ** Other than this being pretty predictable towards the end (I called the “big reveal” after the missing Lunar Princess was mentioned by Peony or whoever), it was enjoyable.

Some of the characters seemed over the top like the step-family. I forgot all about Peony after she got sick. Too many of the important conversations were drawn out by interruptions or Cinder just not listening for whatever reason (many because of teenage angst).

As for the big reveal, AKA Cinder is the missing princess, it couldn’t come a lot sooner and been a bit more shocking and then have her figure out a way to tell the prince instead of just running to the ball looking like she just woke up in a dumpster.

Why are cyborgs so hated? People seem to hate them as much as Lunar. To me, it was too much. Seemed more like a plot device for why Cinder refused to tell the prince that the famous mechanic had a few extra parts. If she wasn’t all that into him when they first met, then why would it matter if the prince, who was only a client, found out?

It was a fast pace book and I managed to finish it, but I probably won’t pick up the others.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cinder.

August 19, 2017 – Started Reading
August 19, 2017 – Shelved
August 19, 2017 –
page 17
4.36% "Oh. My. God. Chapter 1 drew me in. I hope the rest is just as intriguing"
August 19, 2017 –
page 91
August 21, 2017 –
page 129
33.08% "I think I figured out the secret but I'll keep silent ;)"
August 21, 2017 –