Corina's Reviews > Sure Thing

Sure Thing by Jana Aston

bookshelves: reviewed, rom-com, british

This book was fabulous and only a few more days until it's being released!!!

Here is your chance to win it!!!

goo.gl/c2Ys8h

✵ ✦ ✷ ✫ ✷ ✦ ✧ ✵ ✧ ✵ ✦ ✷ ✫ ✷ ✦ ✧ ✵ ✧ ✵ ✦ ✷ ✫ ✷ ✦ ✧ ✵ ✧ ✵

I love the BRITISH!!!

I honestly adore them. EVERYTHING actually. Their British accent and swear words, their colloquialism, and dry humor. Call me thrilled when I read Sure Thing and Violet aka Daisy, aka Love shared my love for all things British.

I adored Violet's quirky mind, straight forward and no-nonsense attitude. The more I read about her the more appealing she became. At the end I would have loved to call her my BFF. We would have had so much FUN!!! But since that won't happen, I enjoyed reading her little escapades with Jennings.

I don't think there could have been a more perfect guy for Violet. Jennings checked all of her boxes and many more. His dry wit, and Violet's upfront personality clicked like two puzzle pieces. They complemented each other. Her craziness brought him joy. And his commanding nature gave her a thrill she never experienced before.

Jennings and Violet made me laugh out loud whenever they shared the same space. Their conversations were some of my most cherished moments. Like this one...

“Do you have a job, Jennings?” She squares her shoulders and looks at me as if she’ll be able to assess the truthfulness of my answer.
“I do.” I nod.
“Do you live with your mother?”
“I do not.” I shake my head once and bite back a smile.
“Okay,” she says, then pauses. “Do you live with your grandmother?” she asks slowly, her brow arched in suspicion as if I’ve found a loophole to avoid an honest answer.
“I do not live with my nan,” I confirm.
“Okay,” she finally says with a nod.
“Okay,” I agree though I’m not sure what conclusion she’s just drawn.
“We can have sex this week,” she announces. “Because you’re good at it,” she adds and starts walking again. “And because that accent of yours drives me wild and because frankly, I don’t need another reason.”
“Well then, glad that’s settled.” I don’t fight the smile this time. I can’t recall a woman ever telling me I was good in bed in quite such an… ineloquent way before, but it’s distinctly Daisy.
“Don’t make me regret this, Jennings. You seem like trouble and I’ve got a lot going on.”
“I’ll make you come with as little trouble as possible,” I promise.
“And for the record, I’m still going to count this as a one-night stand. Unless I have another one-night stand in the future, then I’ll use that one, but if I don’t then this one still counts.”
“Right.” I nod slowly even though fuck knows what that means.
“Okay then. We’ve got a deal.”
“A sex deal?” I ask, wide smile on my face. “How kinky.”
“You said you weren’t going to be trouble,” she says drily with a tilt of her head and a lift of her brow in challenge.
“Fair enough, that I did.”
“Go join your grandmother, Jennings. I’ll deal with you later.”

This exchange was PERFECT!!!! And the best example of why I enjoyed their interactions as much as I did. Which shouldn't be a surprise at all, the author is a master at writing couples that have such amazing chemistry that they carry the entire book. It was a joy to watch Violet and Jennings come together. They played marvelously off of each other - their connection was something special.

Sure Thing was a wonderfully entertaining and engaging rom-com. Impeccable writing, flowing and smart dialogues, and a plot that was far from predictable distinguished this book from the masses. So far, Jana Aston's writing has NOT been disappointing.  It's a true skill to write such appealing and fresh characters, a plot that could have easily turned into one of those tired clichés but instead surprised me again and again. The epilogue was fantastic, and so not what I expected. And to top it off, the author introduced more than one supporting character that needs their own book - stat!!!!!!!

All in all - Sure Thing was a SUCCESS!!!!!!!

For more of my reviews:
My Blog: Book Twins Reviews
Facebook Blog Page
Twitter

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sure Thing.

August 18, 2017 – Shelved
August 18, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
October 1, 2017 – Started Reading
October 5, 2017 – Shelved as: reviewed
October 5, 2017 – Shelved as: rom-com
October 5, 2017 – Shelved as: british
October 5, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)

Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth Lovely review, hon. Yeah I love everything UK and Great Britain too 😍

Corina Astrid - ☆Vanilla & Spice Books☆ wrote: "Lovely review, hon. Yeah I love everything UK and Great Britain too 😍"

ah - kindred souls :D ♡♡♡

message 3: by Nicola (new)

Nicola We’re not a bad little country. And I am fond of our range of swear words ;) Fantastic review, Corina. Adding this!

Corina Nicola wrote: "We’re not a bad little country. And I am fond of our range of swear words ;) Fantastic review, Corina. Adding this!"

Oooh - I had no idea Nicola - will you be my new BFF??????????
Question, how do you feel if they use someone's Britishness in the plot? Do you get annoyed/irritated or do you not care?

Katerina All of Jana Aston's books so far have been incredible and funny. EKKK, I want to read this one. Terrific review.

Corina Katerina wrote: "All of Jana Aston's books so far have been incredible and funny. EKKK, I want to read this one. Terrific review."

Thank you so much Katerina and you are 100% right!!! Her books have been marvelous and I would recommend any of her novels to anyone, anytime!!!! You'll love Sure Thing. We have a giveaway (link in review) in case you want to try your luck. :D

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• Terrific review, hun! xx

Corina Jenny wrote: "Terrific review, hun! xx"

message 9: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Corina☞BookTwinsReviews wrote: "Oooh - I had no idea Nicola - will you be my new BFF??????????
Question, how do you feel if they use someone’s Britishness in the plot?"

LOL of course I will. As long as they don’t suggest we’re all stupid pillocks or too prim and proper I really don’t care. But I’ve read some books where the author clearly hasn’t done their research and has made us look bloody medieval monsters in our ways and that’s made me grumble. I actually get more arsey over Scotland being depicted badly because that happens a lot more. It upsets the Scot in me ;)

message 10: by Natalie (new)

Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩ Awesome review, hon! ♡

message 11: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Great review ;) xoxo

Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕ Fab review Sweetie! ❤❤xoxo

Corina Natalie wrote: "Awesome review, hon! ♡"

Thank you Natalie!!! xoxo

Corina Wendy wrote: "Great review ;) xoxo"

Corina Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕ wrote: "Fab review Sweetie! ❤❤xoxo"

message 16: by Aisling Zena (new)

Aisling Zena Fab review Corina! :)

Corina Aisling Zena wrote: "Fab review Corina! :)"