Tiaburn Stedd's Reviews > Anna Dressed in Blood

Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake

Sep 17, 2011

bookshelves: advised, urban-fantasy, intrigued-by-title-or-description, young-adult
Recommended to Tiaburn by: Goodreads Autosuggest
Recommended for: teens, Young Adult fiction lovers, Vampire-Ghost stories addicts, urban fantasy or woodoo passionate

This is a pretty average (or little bit over average) urban fantasy story with youngsters, ghosts and woodoo magic inside. It's a bit like Dresden stories, but less mature and less detective. I switched from a Dresden files to this one pretty easy. Language is clean and easy, so it is light to follow the story even if you are not a native-English speaker.
I did like characters in this book: the main guy - Theseus Cassius Lowood is straight-forward hero, who is hunting a ghosts around a world. He is responcive, good-looking and open-minded person, who tries to keep the world around intact of his actions. He is not building relationships while he lives, leaving nor friends, not broken-hearts behind. It's hard not to feel sympathy to him. The other characters - "Prom Queen Carmel", who is not so stupid as one's can expect, and cliched "Beloved Nerd" blend well into his team for course of this adventure, which is "kill a ghost". But it appears, that the ghost will be another protagonist in this book, because.. Because it's young adult fictions at least, which never can go as expected.
Of course, nothing goes as expected. But anyway, this book worth reading. Being a bit naive, it delivers an unique cocktail of fear, sympathy and dreadful things mixed in right proportion. Not sure, I'll be chasing a new book in series, since I like a spot where it left before the prologue, but certainly, I would recommend it to any teens, who are asking me to advice any Urban Fantasy adventure.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anna Dressed in Blood.

September 17, 2011 – Shelved
September 17, 2011 – Shelved as: advised
August 22, 2012 – Started Reading
August 22, 2012 –
August 23, 2012 –
August 23, 2012 –
8.0% "I like the story so far. Intriguing begging, which reminds me about Pehov's fantasy cycle "Guard". Let's see where the plot rolls..."
August 25, 2012 –