Rebecca Berto's Reviews > Hush, Hush

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Sep 16, 2011

Read in December, 2011 — I own a copy

This book makes me lust over Patch, the love interest, about as much as my seventeen-year-old mind lusted over Edward in Twilight. And you can just imagine how in love my teenage mind was. Becca is a magnificent author balancing different plots, supporting cast, characters you feel friends with (even the ones you want to punch) and always ensuring the reader is lusting over Patch ... the whole time ... wanting him completely ... never quite getting him. Yes. I was thoroughly frustrated. In the best way possible.

Patch is my weak spot. He's a (very) bad guy but Becca ensures you waaaant him no matter how shocking he is. He's toxic, but alluring. That's the way I felt. And the best part was, Nora, the protagonist, never got to be with him or figured him out until the end. The novel takes you on a ride, tugging you here and there. There wasn't one section that was dull.

I'm really disappointed I waited this long to read this book. It is one of the best stories with a romance in it that I've read -- no mushy, mushy, all completely drool-worthy. There's so much tension throughout the book that I had no choice but to read on. I completed it in four days. Two of those days I worked nine to five. In a sentence, this book was my weakness; I couldn't get away from it for more than a few hours at a time.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hush, Hush.

Quotes Rebecca Liked

Becca Fitzpatrick
“You possess other people's...bodies."

He accepted that statement with a nod.

"Do you want to possess my body?"

"I want to do a lot of things to your body, but that's not one of them.”
Becca Fitzpatrick, Hush, Hush

Becca Fitzpatrick
“You're a guardian angel now." I was still too much in awe to wrap my mind around it, but at the same time I felt amazement, curiosity...happiness.

"I'm your guardian angel," he said.

"I get my very own guardian angel? What, exactly, is your job description?"

"Guard your body." His smile tipped higher. "I take my job seriously, which means I'm going to need to get acquainted with the subject matter on a personal level.”
Becca Fitzpatrick, Hush, Hush