Ruthie Taylor's Reviews > Trust in Us

Trust in Us by S.M. Harshell

~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

4.5*s

This is a really good read, with a strong thread of drama running through it, which I wasn't expecting but really enjoyed, as well as a slow burn, super-charged love story. The pacing is incredibly effective, with really urgent, fast action sections, and then slow, intense moments when the significant reveals happen.

Both J and Cole have shadows in their pasts which are shaping their present. The big question is whether they can shrug off the shadows and make a better future - something which is far easier said than done. The real challenge of course, is whether they can achieve it together.

If you enjoy reading about imperfect people, who lead real lives, work hard and know how to party, then this will appeal to you - and as I mentioned above, there is a fabulous plot which makes their lives anything but boring, and not always in a good way!

I am very happy that this is the first in a series, as the peripheral characters are hugely important to the plot here, and deserve to have more of their story told in the future. I can guess at a few who might feature in future installments, and hope that some others will still get their HEA (Nan most of all!) All in all, I find I am rather invested in the future of the Z's garage gang.

Thank you Ms Harshell for another strong story. I hope you are busy planning the next one!

Wicked Reads Review Team

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trust in Us.

Started Reading