Tania's Book Blog's Reviews > Holding On

Holding On by Allie Everhart

Loved, loved, loved Ethan & Becca!!! As expected because Allie Everhart never disappoints and has a way of you getting so involved in her stories.

Ethan is the star quarterback of his college entering into his senior year and potential first round draft pick. He had everything going for him and nothing to worry about since he's also from a rich family. Until one night everything changes and he loses three friend in a car accident in which he was the only survivor. He lives with the guilt and nightmares and his pushed everyone away and doesn't leave his house. He's completely sad and lonely until he meets Becca.

Becca put her college career on hold and works two jobs to help out her older brother Mike. She has no time for relationships. Until she showed up to clean Ethan's home. Ethan thought she was ridiculously gorgeous and she thought the same thing of him. She cleaned his house and realized that he's lonely and tried to be his friend. Ethan tried shutting her out but realized that with this total stranger he can be himself.

Things started very slowly with these two but then developed into more. They both confided in each other with things they've never told other people but Ethan was still not letting her completely in.

They were both similar in so many ways. Becca & her brother were abandoned by their mom when she was 13 and Ethan's parents are rich and only care about themselves. I was waiting several times to see how the author was going to kill Ethan's dad but sadly I didn't get that wish, lol.

Ethan and Becca relationship was so passionate, emotional all wrapped up in one. Becca brought out the best in Ethan and Ethan loved how genuine and sincere Becca is. He never once cared that they came from completely different backgrounds.

This story had some real emotional parts that would just have you like wow; serious issues that sadly lots of people probably go thru but refuse help or speak to anyone.

There was a small hiccup in the story but it was resolved right away but they still had lots of work. Loved Becca's brother and I loved the ending. I hope we see more of this couple because I think there story isn't over.

I voluntarily accepted an advanced reader copy of this book from the author and I'm glad I did.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Holding On.

August 17, 2017 – Shelved