Jennifer's Reviews > The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson

Sep 16, 2011

bookshelves: audiobooks, 2012-reads, genre-mystery-thriller, type-book-to-screen, age-adult
Read from December 31, 2011 to January 09, 2012

As a continuation of the Lisbeth Salander story, the third book does a beautiful job of wrapping up everything introduced in The Girl Who Played With Fire. A complete ending of Dag's murder, the Zalachenko mystery, and the breach of constitutional rights for Lisbeth.

This third installment of the trilogy picks up right where the second book leaves off, with Lisbeth being rushed to the hospital with a bullet in her head. She is in custody for a lot of crimes, the worst of which is attempted manslaughter on her father, Zalachenko, who is rushed to the hospital with axe cuts on his face. But Mikael Blomkvist is there, once again, to dig up the truth.

It is a great conclusion to the second book and the triology itself, although there is speculation as to whether, sometime in the future, Eva Gabrielsson will finish and publish Larsson's intended 4th book in the Lisbeth Salander series.

I listened to the audiobook my second time reading it, and I must say, Simon Vance does a FANTASTIC job at making the text come to life. So, if you have problems getting through all of the details of this series, I would definitely recommend the audio books. They are fantastic!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest.

12/31/2011 page 1
0.0% "re-reading. =)"
01/06/2012 page 292
52.0% "audiobooking and knitting. Slower, but double productivity. =)"
01/08/2012 page 460
82.0% "still audiobooking. Almost done though!"
01/08/2012 page 529
94.0% "Last Disc! and halfway done with knitting my hat! Hooray!"
12/21/2014 marked as: listened-to