Jen 's Reviews > First Daughter

First Daughter by Susan Kaye Quinn

bookshelves: netgalley

Wow, this book trilogy. I don't really know what to say, other than I completely LOVED it and will definitely be re-reading it in the future.

It was fun, unique and while serious, it was just what I needed when I read it.

It does have some suspension of disbelief issues. For example, monologuing villain who should just plug the good guy in the head when they have the good guy at their mercy instead of talking on and on and then getting distracted before plugging said good guy in the head, but since you don't want the bad guy to win anyway, it works!

I don't know want to ruin any of this for a potential reader, so I'm just going to say, read it! It's a breath of fresh air amongst the usual YA fare. You definitely need to read these books in order, so start with "Third Daughter". If you like it, they only get better!

5, highly recommended, stars.

My thanks to NetGalley and All Night Reads for an eARC copy of this book to read and review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read First Daughter.

May 17, 2015 – Shelved (ebook Edition)
May 17, 2015 – Shelved as: next (ebook Edition)
May 17, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read (ebook Edition)
May 17, 2015 – Shelved as: netgalley (ebook Edition)
August 16, 2017 – Started Reading
August 16, 2017 – Shelved
August 16, 2017 –
11.0% "Why did it take so long for me to start this book?!? It's awesome!"
October 2, 2017 –
23.0% "Thank goodness for this book. My last four have been DNFs and I don't know if I could handle this one being bad too. So far, it's as spectacular as the first two. Thank you!"
October 22, 2017 –
45.0% "Stuck at a suspenseful part! I want to know what happens, but I'm afraid to find out!"
February 12, 2018 –
52.0% "So good! Going to try to finish before Lent starts!"
April 12, 2018 –
99.0% "Man, I was milking this to put off finishing it for as long as I could, because I didn’t want to let it go! Awesome trilogy and I want more stories in this world! Review to come."
April 12, 2018 – Finished Reading