Harlie Williams's Reviews > Her Sexy Challenge

Her Sexy Challenge by Sarah Ballance

bookshelves: book-challenge-2017, contemporary, harlie-books, romance

So most people know that I’ve been reading Ms. Ballance since she starting with Noble Romance. Yes, we’ve both been around that long. The one thing that I can tell by reading this jewel of a book is that her writing just keeps getting stronger. I know, when I read my inner editor/writer takes a vacay but when it comes to authors that I have read for years, she likes to take a peek, too.

Ms. Ballance never ceases to amaze me with her dialogue. Suspense, romance, humor, etc., Ms. Ballance brings her “A” game. Caitlin and Shane are no exception. I was in tears, of laughter, during the bridge scene at the beginning of the book. Tears, I say. The dialogue between these two are always spot on, funny, intelligent and smexy all at the same time.

In fact, Shane gets bonus points because he reads and doesn’t down play that Caitlin has a book store. He encourages it, even if she tried to almost burn it down. Again, massive giggles. Knowing that this is a Lovestruck book, I know going in that the angst will be low and the black moment while there, isn’t a wimp out either.

Shane is the one that has to do the most growing up in the relationship. I loved watching him go from a cocky firefighter with one foot out the door to, wait…what IF I stayed? Caitlin knew where she was in the relationship and also where she was going in the long term. Shane just had to figure it out on his own.

The secondary characters that we meet are perfection. The town is adorable and the other firefighters are good, too. In fact, Matt and Lexi…OMG, like REALLY? I can’t wait to read their story next.

If you are looking for a great romance, low on the angst, this is for you. But Harlie, you haven’t talked about the “challenge” portion of the book. You just need to read the book to find out what they are. And no, it doesn’t have anything to do with sex. There’s no challenge in that. LOL!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Her Sexy Challenge.

August 10, 2017 – Started Reading