Sara Codair's Reviews > Wings Unseen

Wings Unseen by Rebecca Gomez Farrell

I received an early copy from NetGalley for a fair, honest, review.

Wings Unseen got off to a slow start with a first chapter that almost made me put the book down. However, I am glad I kept reading. I loved watching how a character that repulsed me on the first page transformed into someone I was rooting for, and she was just one of many fascinating characters.

Characters were one of many things I liked about this book.

The juxtaposition of two opposite realms was a fascinating way to explore gender roles, the relationship between the people and the government, and what people can come to accept as normal.

The world was exquisitely developed and describe with language that was beautiful and readable.

Once I got past the first quarter of the book, the pace picked up and suspense made me want to keep reading. The romance subplot was not what I expected, and near the middle of the book, when combined with the pacing the way the writer alternated between pov’s, made me want to cry, yell, or throw the book across the room.

Even though I wanted the characters to take different paths, but the end, the author convinced me they had made the right choice, and the emotions I experienced mid book were probably just a smidgen of what the characters would feel were this real.

Overall, it was worth read, and I would reccomend it to anyone who likes epic fantasy and has patience for a book that burns slowly.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wings Unseen.

August 14, 2017 – Started Reading
September 2, 2017 –
September 3, 2017 –
September 3, 2017 –
September 4, 2017 –
60.0% "The plot is incredibly frustrating, but it is just making me want to read more. So I guess that is the good kind of frustrating, when it comes to books..."
September 5, 2017 – Finished Reading