Betul's Reviews > Across the Horizon

Across the Horizon by Aly Martinez

bookshelves: 2018, arc, contemporary-romance, 5-star-favorites, 2018-favs, reviewed

**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**

description

"The terror and exhilaration of jumping out of a plane at fourteen thousand feet had nothing on the pure adrenaline-fueled high of finally finding a woman like Rita Hartley."

Across the Horizon is the first contemporary romance I rated 5 stars this year. It really isn't easy to make me rate a book 5 stars, without it having some kind of twist or angst. It was a straight to the point romance story without all the bells and whistles, and honestly it really didn't need all of that. The characters really brought the story to life, and I fell completely in love with the main characters Tanner and Rita. Their personalities were beautiful and a great match. Tanner is fun and so sweet, but also very sexy. Rita is sassy and isn't afraid to put Tanner in his place. These two were hilarious and cute and I just loved it. There were also a couple of emotional scenes that broke my heart, and listening to Lana Del Rey songs in the background made me feel it even more.

"She was my brain's favorite subject, my subconscious' favorite obsession, and my heart's greatest torture."

I seriously didn't expect to love this book as much as I did. I was expecting just the same old contemporary romance, that I had read a hundred times already. But the way the story and characters developed was perfection. I also want to thank to author for also focusing on the characters growing as an individual. Giving them time and space to find themselves again. Nothing felt rushed or forced and it was just beautiful. I can't praise this book enough. I honestly wouldn't change one thing about this book, except that it was longer because I couldn't get enough. This is the 12th book I read by this author and definitely one of my favorites. I highly recommend this book to any romance reader out there.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Across the Horizon.

August 14, 2017 – Shelved
August 14, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
November 28, 2018 – Started Reading
November 28, 2018 – Shelved as: 2018
November 28, 2018 – Shelved as: arc
November 28, 2018 –
November 29, 2018 –
November 30, 2018 –
70.0% "I LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH!"
November 30, 2018 – Shelved as: contemporary-romance
November 30, 2018 – Shelved as: 5-star-favorites
November 30, 2018 – Shelved as: 2018-favs
November 30, 2018 – Finished Reading
December 1, 2018 – Shelved as: reviewed

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

Dilek VT Great review; I am hopeful about this book and your review increases my hopes :)))

Betul Dilek VT wrote: "Great review; I am hopeful about this book and your review increases my hopes :)))"

Dilek VT Betul wrote: "Dilek VT wrote: "Great review; I am hopeful about this book and your review increases my hopes :)))"

I really hope you'll love this book as much as I did! I'll be on the lookout for your review. ;)"

I do hope so, too, Betül; fingers crossed :)

message 4: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat Valentine Fabulous review!💖😉

Betul Kat wrote: "Fabulous review!💖😉"

Thank you, Kat!