Bec_BookMagicReviews's Reviews > Her Sexy Challenge

Her Sexy Challenge by Sarah Ballance

bookshelves: august-2017-recommendations, book-magic-reviews, netgalley

It isn't everyday that Caitlin Tyler needs rescuing, but it seems Lieutenant Shane Hendricks keeps being her hero. Yet, no matter how much Caitlin does her best to avoid the hot firefighter that keeps coming to her rescue, there's no way he'll be deterred from helping her face her fears. However, neither imagined a relationship was possible with Shane leaving in two weeks for bigger and better things in his career. Will Caitlin convince him to stay in Dry Rock and give them a chance at happy ever after, or will Shane leave because he believes he has something to prove?

Ms. Ballance certainly has a wonderful and captivating way with words, and this first book of her Firefighters of Station 1 proves that. Right from the beginning, this story had me hooked due to the dilemma the heroine is facing. She's not good when it comes to being around certain bodies of water, and even though she's standing on a bridge, her fear is palpable. Will she be able to find a way off the bridge? Will the hero be able to help Caitlin or will she manage to find her way all on her own? However, it was the moment the hero and heroine met that I absolutely loved, as Shane does his best to be charming and Caitlin seems less than impressed, especially with all the effort put in to help her get off the bridge.

The dialogue was well-written, spellbinding and I loved the playful banter between the main characters. Shane is determined to help Caitlin face her fears and isn't afraid to challenge her, especially in the way he goes about convincing her to face her fears. Furthermore, the main characters were incredible and I was charmed by the hero and heroine from start to finish. The heroine is strong and brave by giving the hero a chance to help her face her fears. Certainly, it isn't easy for her, especially with all she's been through, which makes it understandable why she's afraid of certain bodies of water and heights. Yet, she's resilient.

While the hero, he has so much to prove and I could understand his reasons for wanting to be able to do more in his career as a firefighter. His father was a big time hero and Shane wants the chance to be the same. I also liked how far the hero was willing to go to help the heroine, even if it meant spending hours doing nothing and waiting for her to take a chance on him to help her. I also liked the tight friendships he shared with the other firefighters from his squad and how they weren't afraid to offer each other sound advice when it came to how good Caitlin was for Shane. Is it possible that Caitlin could be the one to keep Shane in Dry Rock?

Overall, Ms. Ballance has penned a fantastic read in this book where there was plenty of chemistry between the main characters that spilled over onto the pages wonderfully through their romance. The way this story ended had me loving the hero more than I already did, as he's determined to make things right with the heroine. Caitlin is the one person that can make his life more, and not what he was doing by following in his father's footsteps as a firefighter. However, it was the epilogue that wrapped this story up perfectly, because Shane is continuing to help Caitlin face her fears. I would recommend Her Sexy Challenge by Sarah Ballance, if you enjoy small town romances, the opposites attract trope or books by authors Tawna Fenske, Hayden Manning, RC Boldt and Kadie Scott.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Her Sexy Challenge.

Started Reading