Author Dawnette Brenner's Reviews > Hannoki's Will

Hannoki's Will by Emma K. Blacker

bookshelves: paranormal, fantasy, telepathic

I about died to learn David was being taken away from his mother! As a mother first and teacher second; OMG! What?
It took me a while to get this book read, not because of the story line, but my schedule and other books pushing it out of the way, but I finally finished. :) David was taken away from his family because it's discovered he's telepathic. He can hear voices inside his head, but not normal voices of his subconscious, real voices belonging to others. His mother was destroyed by the sudden removal of her son, but I don't blame her and his father seemed cold and distant. After learning how to control his ability, his journey finally takes him to the Navy Spaceship, but he's treated like an outcast, people are afraid he can read their minds. He's a true help to the captains, once he's able to control his ability and his father that abandoned (or seemed to) him in the beginning, seems to want to reconcile. My thoughts are that family is important and given time some people change their heart.
Read this book so you're ready for book two, coming in a few months! :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hannoki's Will.

August 13, 2017 – Started Reading