Holly Booms Walsh's Reviews > Thunderbird Falls

Jun 18, 2007

it was ok
bookshelves: urban-fantasy, paranormal-fiction
Read in July, 2007

Although I like this main character for a lot of reasons, C.E. Murphy's descriptions of the magic Joanne does leaves me feeling confused and unsatisfied. It's a lot of talk about energy and fire and force, and I never get what happened after the big scene is done. This is the second book of hers I've read and I think I'll pass on the rest of the series. The Joanne, Morrison, and Gary characters are so strong that I feel very sad to leave them behind.

ETA in 2016 - well, I kept with the series. It gets better and better!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thunderbird Falls.

message 1: by Celia (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:53PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Celia The magic isn't best described, is it? I finished this book and thought, "Wait, how exactly did she do that? How did that work?" A bit frustrating, but I think I'm going to try the next one, in case it gets fleshed out a bit.

message 2: by Chris (new)

Chris Burd I haven't yet read this second book in the series - but that's exactly how I feel after reading the first. I love the characters, but I don't feel like the "mythology" of what is happening is well explained.

Michelle I feel the same way as Chris does. I'm glad it's not just me. I thought for awhile I was just thick in the head.