Bingeworthy Book Blog's Reviews > Dragonsworn

Dragonsworn by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Read 2 times. Last read August 27, 2018.

There are many reasons why I love Sherrilyn Kenyon's books not the least of which is that her work is often full of little lessons that you can take away from the books such as to reserve judgement about people you meet, to look beyond the smile that a person shows you because a smile can hide a thousand hurts and that the truth of a matter isn't always as clear as it appears.
What I find riveting about Ms Kenyon's books is that her characters are never two dimensional but are very real and regardless of powers, race or species they are always very 'human'. I thoroughly enjoy and am always amazed at how Ms Kenyon can take a character that upon first appearance you intensely dislike, abhor, hate, choose what emotive you like, and eventually have you change your mind about them through telling their story and showing what led the characters to make the choices that they did.
As she has done yet again with this book.
People can deny or quibble about it all they want but it's fun to be the bad guy, to play the part of the villain and in the Dark-Hunter world, just like her parents, Stryker and Zephyra, Medea makes no apologies for being a villain and even somewhat relishes the part she plays:

'Medea cringed as one of the female demons moved to rip a stryken apart. "Wonder if they taste like chicken?"
"Ew, Chicken Little! I know we're cannibals, technically, but still...." Davyn nudged her. "You've been hanging out with the dragons too long."
"Actually, Simi." Worse? This was making her crave barbecue. Yeah, she was sick and she admitted it. But then, that was what made her the villain.'

Medea is an excellent villain and I loved reading her and Falcyn's story. The chemistry between the pair of them sizzles off the page but it's really their shared tragedies and pain that wrench at the heartstrings.
Dragonsworn, aside from being a thoroughly good book full of fun, adventure and thrills, also expounds upon the mythology of the Dark-Hunter universe, sharing insights about Avalon, the primal forces of the universe, shedding light and illumination upon events of the past that led to the current future and providing tantalizing teasers of what's to come.
Like many, I presume, I can't wait for the next installment in this captivating series.

A copy of this book was generously provided to me by Netgalley in exchange for a fair and honest review

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dragonsworn.

Started Reading