Megan ~The Never Ending Book Basket's Reviews > Beautiful

Beautiful by Christina Lauren

The Beautiful Series by Christina Lauren is by far one of the best series I have ever read. It happens to also be one of my all-time favorites. This series, these distinctive and wonderful characters, and their stories have given me everything. I will be the first to admit that I was seriously beyond late to the game on reading these books, but ever since devouring them, I can't get enough. I can't get enough of their antics, their love, their highs and lows, and the family they have all created together. Christina Lauren's exceptional writing and storytelling has woven together a series full of the most dynamic and memorable characters as they all try to find their way to loves they all so rightfully deserve.

I read this book with the biggest smile on my face, and a heart that was bursting for these characters. As much as I was so not ready to say goodbye to this world and this series, Christina Lauren brought it all to a close and sent them all off in the most perfect and unforgettable way. When I finished this book I did so with happy tears because what they gave me with these characters, what they allowed me to feel with them all along the way, and what they so exceptionally created was amazing. Amazing and unforgettable and life changing and beautiful. It was everything to read and experience, and as I sit here writing this review I am honestly getting choked up all over again just thinking about it.

Beautiful is a story that gives you one last little taste of this series and its characters, while also giving you another love story that will blow you away. Christina Lauren did such an outstanding job of weaving together one last love story to melt my heart, while also giving me just enough of the rest of the band of amazing characters that makes this series what it is. From start to finish this book owned me and my heart, and it truly gave me it all through every page. It made me smile, it made me laugh out loud so many times, it made me blush and melt and just love what I was reading, and in the end it made me realize over and over again why this is one of the best series I have ever read.

The events of this story follow Jensen and Pippa, two strangers who meet in a very memorable way and who suddenly find themselves together on the same vacation for 2 weeks. She's fun and sparkle and the best kind of crazy, and he's all straight laced and work and stoic, but from the moment those two meet there is something about them that can't be denied. What starts off as a bit of holiday fun soon turns to more than these two bargained for. They share a fiery connection, and they push each other's buttons in the best way, and sooner rather than later both Pippa and Jensen must figure out what in the world they're doing and where it's going. What started as a little fun becomes serious very quickly, only there's a few problems, Pippa has to go home to London, Jensen isn't looking for anything serious, and while there is an oceans worth of feeling between them, there is also so much against them.

In Beautiful, Christina Lauren takes you for one more fun filled and sparkling ride, as you get to be there with Jensen and Pippa as they meet, as they fall, as they face reality, and as they try to see what could be. Through every up and down that comes their way in this book you are with them experiencing and loving it all because it is so real, so enjoyable, and so them. From the very first minute I met these two, their spark entranced me, and that continued through every word and page of this book. Getting to be with them both as they found themselves, as they saw what could be, and as they saw what was so glorious about that fall was perfection. It was real, it was bursting with their connection and spark, it was fun and memorable, and it was love. Pure, unadulterated, beautiful love. And it truly doesn't get better than that.

What Pippa and Jensen shared in this book gave me it all. I loved the dynamic those two had, and I loved the fact that they pushed each other outside of their comfort zones in the most unforgettable way. They made each other feel things they hadn't in so long. They made each other question what they were really doing, what they really wanted, and what they were wiling and ready to fight for. These two pushed each other to the edge in the best way, they made each other feel everything, and they gave each other exactly what was missing from their lives. I fell so hopelessly in love with them both while reading this book, and I loved being with them as they waded their way through the world of feeling and connection they shared.

Whether it was Pippa's vibrancy or Jensen's steady self. Whether it was his common sense attitude, or her fly by the seat of your pants mindset. Whether it was her fun and crazy and spark, or his steadfastness, genuineness, and humor. Whether it was the way they complimented each other or pushed each other's buttons...these two blew me away. They were so seemingly opposite, but when they were together they just worked so damn well. They were magic. They were connection. They were a love story that made my heart skip a beat a time or two, and that was everything to get.

The way that Christina Lauren once again gave me it all in this book had me loving every single word of what I was reading. The way this writing duo not only gave me every bit of what Pippa and Jensen shared, but also gave me one last little bit with this world of characters I love was perfection. I have always said I am an ending person, and that is why I love a good series so much because when you get a truly perfect and fitting ending, it makes it all so worth it. Beautiful was the most perfect and fitting ending for this series. It was the full circle wonderfulness that I needed, and it gave me just enough with all of the amazing characters in this series to burst my heart one last time.

When I finished this book I honestly just wanted to read it again because I wasn't ready to let go. I wasn't ready to let go of Bennett and Chloe, Max and Sara, Will and Hanna, George and Will P., Niall and Ruby, or Jensen and Pippa. I wasn't to let go one little bit, but when I turned that last page, and felt the overwhelming sense of love and family and heart with that little bit of perfect charm and sass thrown in wash over me, well that was when I knew that even if their stories ended here, these characters, their lives and stories, and the literal amazingness they've given me would stay with me forever.

I think I reread the last page ten times before I finally closed this book because it just kept feeling every bit of what it gave me. This series gave me a bastard, a stranger, a player, a secret, one last beautiful man and the woman who makes him crumble, along with many beautiful love stories I know I'll never forget. This series started where it ended, and blew me and my heart away through every extraordinary word, and for that I will be forever grateful.

If there is one series you choose to read, I highly recommend this one. It has literally given me everything since I have read it. Its characters are real and raw and authentic and messy and complicated, and sometimes they yell to high heaven at each other, and at others they cling to each other with all they have, and that is just part of what makes them so spectacular. These characters are like a family to me, and as hard as it is to say goodbye, what Christina Lauren gave me with them in their last story together was more than I could have asked for. It was them, it was full of their dynamic sparks, and it was beautiful.

And it truly doesn't get better than that.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beautiful.

Quotes Megan Liked

Christina Lauren
“I’d follow you past the gates of hell, sir.”

Christina Lauren
“It didn’t really get easier, per se. Our sadness just got quieter.”

Christina Lauren
“It’s too bad I’m only learning my heart and you have yours rolled in bubble wrap.”

Christina Lauren
“We were both on the same page, but then suddenly . . . we weren’t.”

Christina Lauren
“He’ll be very good for someone, and I’m sad it won’t be me.”

Christina Lauren
“I don’t want you to walk away from me after I tell you I love you.”

Christina Lauren
“Will dropped the Hiroshima of awkward,” Niall explained, “and Pippa followed up with Nagasaki.”

Christina Lauren
“And be nice,” [...] “Or you won’t be my monster of honor.”
“Your Best Bitch?” she asked in a reverent whisper.
“Right up there at my side,” George said, “reminding me I don’t deserve him.”

Christina Lauren
“It’s too bad I’m too eccentric for you. It’s too bad you’re too busy for me. It’s too bad I’m only learning my heart and you have yours rolled up in bubble wrap.”

Christina Lauren
“As I worked to disentangle us, she gazed at me, bemused. “This makes me wary of ever dabbling in bondage with you.”
Silence greeted us, and I unlooped the seatbelt from her neck before looking up and around us at the other passengers.
“We're not alone, are we?” she playfully stage-hissed.
“There are others,” I confirmed. “They're regarding you with curiosity.”
“And mild horror,” Niall added.”

Christina Lauren
“Finally Max spoke: “They haven’t tried to kill each other in at least four months. It’s confusing the hell out of everyone.”

Christina Lauren
“Sometimes it feels like I have nothing,” he gasped, “nothing but my job and my friends.” That’s still a lot, I didn’t say. Because I understood: it wasn’t the life he’d imagined for himself.”

Christina Lauren
“Did you read that? She ironed. My shirt.’ ” “That doesn’t seem so bad,” Pippa said. “Odd, but still sane.” “You’d have to know Old Chloe,” Will explained. “Old Chloe would’ve burned Bennett’s shirt before she’d’ve ironed it.” My”

Christina Lauren
“We’re going to be horrible parents.” Laughing, I agreed, “The worst.” “We’ve never known failure,” he said, eyes manically searching mine. “I mean, we will probably be the most uptight—” “Strict—” “Overbearing—” “Neurotic—” “No,” he said, shaking his head, his eyes shining again. “You’re going to be perfect.”

Christina Lauren
“And I know it's been a long time, but it isn't too long to still be royally pissed about it. It was a dream you lost, and that's bloody terrible from any angle.”

Christina Lauren
“I hate that I've worked so hard but when I look around--compare my life to everyone else's--it feels like such a small drop in such a massive bucket!”

Christina Lauren
“I want a fella who notices everything about you when you first met, but would only notice everything that's missing when you're not around.”

Christina Lauren
“in an instant, my world crumbled and was rebuilt into a fortress around my two girls.”

August 12, 2017 – Started Reading