Maranda Russell's Reviews > Tegen Punishment

Tegen Punishment by Inge-Lise Goss

Aug 12, 2017

bookshelves: adult-fiction
Read in August, 2017 , read count: 1

“Tegen Punishment”, the third volume in the Tegens dark fantasy series by author Inge-Lise Goss, is a delightfully creepy read. I haven’t read volumes 1 & 2, so I wasn’t sure if I would be able to keep up with what is going on or not, but it actually wasn’t as hard to get into it as I had initially feared. As a first time reader, I did find the prologue explaining exactly what a Tegen is very helpful and am grateful the author included it. I do have a real affinity for spider related plots, especially in creepy or horror stories. In some ways this plot reminded me of some Syfy channel movies I have seen (unlike some people, I have an odd kind of love for Syfy original films, so that is actually a complement coming from me in case you were wondering).

I enjoyed the writing style throughout, and thought the author did a great job at creating realistic but also fantastical settings and characters, which can be a hard thing to do. Combining enough reality to help readers connect with characters, while also telling a far out there science fiction or fantasy story can be a hard balance, and this author hit a good medium in my opinion. Overall, cool read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tegen Punishment.

08/12 marked as: read