Nessa's Reviews > The Captain's Rebel

The Captain's Rebel by C.B. Halverson

IT IS SUPER WEIRD TO READ A HR IN FIRST P.O.V. and it started off rocky, until the characters meet for real.

OUR HERO is a Captain who rose from the ranks of a commoner, having a stowaway in his ship bounded on some mission. As a man who observes more than he talks, he knew immediately that Michael O'Brien is actually the same woman who was assaulted by his man and demanding to know where her fiance was. Their attraction was quite obvious yet barely there...its lIke you already know its there but the author laced it under layers of subtlety that makes you pant for me. I think the sexual tension was right on point, with a masculine Captain and his Cabin `boy'. Its not hard to discern that Richard fell in love with her first, because I'm quite certain he is not the kind of man to jump at a woman just because. Richard's character is quite straightforward yet a little awe-inspiring. He's the kind of man one can rely on to protect, care and love for. Great hero!

OUR HEROINE annoyed the hell out of me in the beginning because she struck me as a fastious and materialistic HOE. I didn't like the way she manipulated her childhood lover into marriage, always belittling him for being dumb and such. She gave her virginity to him when he decides to go off to war, just to secure her relationship with him. HAH! THAT IS UNTIL SHE DISCOVERS THAT HE DUPED HER! Frankly, I was doing a happy dance and said to her 'That's what you get bitch!'. Thus, she begins her journey to hunt down her self-acclaimed fiance, becoming a cabin boy who later becomes deeply and sexually involved with her Captain. I was a little suprised to read some erotica and barely skimming the surface bondage play in this story.

OVERALL if I do suffer a love-hate relationship with the characters or story, id say that the erotica makes up for everything. Still, this was a pretty unusual HR story that you rarely can find at all.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Captain's Rebel.

Finished Reading