Maranda Russell's Reviews > The Knight on Armoured Steed

The Knight on Armoured Steed by Adrian P.

Aug 11, 2017

liked it
bookshelves: adult-fiction
Read in August, 2017 , read count: 1

I have to admit that Adrian P’s novel, “The Knight on Armoured Steed” (book 4 in The Silent Assassin series), is not exactly my cup of tea when it comes to fiction, so keep that in mind while reading this review. If your literary preference tends to run towards military science fiction, you might find yourself loving this work, but it just had way too much military stuff in it for my taste. I generally like science fiction, but more so the ones that are focused more around dystopian scenarios or end-of-the-world type stuff (without getting too technical).

I didn’t find too much wrong with the actual writing of the novel, although a lot of the technical and militaristic lingo kind of turned me off, but again, that is just a personal preference really. In the end, I am giving this book 3 stars, partly just because I wasn’t drawn into the story and found the characters sometimes seeming to take a backseat to the action (but then again, to be fair, I am drawn most to character-driven pieces).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Knight on Armoured Steed.

08/11 marked as: read