Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*'s Reviews > Finding Libbie: A Novel

Finding Libbie by Deanna Lynn Sletten

I have to admit that when I selected this book, I thought I was getting a family saga with a touch of mystery. WRONG. Instead, Finding Libbie is pure romance, not a genre I am particularly fond of and therefore something I only occasionally dip into.

But putting that aside, I found the writing rather dull. For a story about love, passion and mental illness, there was no fire, no passion in the writing. It was all rather flat and came across like a school essay written by a rather mediocre student.

Another minus for me was the predictability of the plot. It all unfolds like a fairy story, complete with the requisite curse by an evil fairy godmother, and so its path was pretty easily discerned.

I have read some really good romantic mysteries, but unfortunately, this wasn't one of them. With a little thought it could have been.

Thank you to Lake Union Publishing via Netgalley for providing a digital copy of Finding Libbie by Deanna Lynn Sletten for review. All opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Finding Libbie.

August 10, 2017 – Started Reading
August 12, 2017 – Shelved as: 3-star
August 12, 2017 – Shelved as: sandy-s-ng-nirvana
August 12, 2017 – Shelved as: sandy-s-reading-retreat
August 12, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* (last edited Aug 12, 2017 08:16PM) (new)

Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* Great Review Sandy! Haha! That would be terrible think its a good mystery and ends up being a romance. I dont like romance books either. Hope your next one is a lot better.

Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice* Mary wrote: "Great Review Sandy! Haha! That would be terrible think its a good mystery and ends up being a romance. I dont like romance books either. Hope your next one is a lot better."

Thanks Mary ☺

message 3: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Don't ya hate when those mediocre students actually get published?? LOL Loved your review, Sandy!! Not a big fan of romance myself. Here's hoping your next book is awesome!! =) ♥ xo