Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕'s Reviews > Wild Card

Wild Card by Karina Halle

bookshelves: arcs-2017, series, favorites

By now everyone knows that I’m a HUGE fan of second chance romance. From the Initial shock of seeing your first love again after all these years, to the unavoidable sexual chemistry and the angst, I truly love reading about how two broken characters can come together despite all of the hurt and distance and finally get their happily ever after. “Wild Card” was everything I hoped it would be. This was a story about love, forgiveness, and knowing that family, is EVERYTHING.

There’s this very familiar saying: You NEVER forget your first love. You would think that being away for six years would’ve made those feelings go away but for Rachel Waters, every emotion came back at warped speed when she comes face to face with the man who broke her heart. Returning home to take care of her sick mother, Rachel knows that being around Shane will be unavoidable but what she wasn’t expecting was to have a lot of unresolved emotions for him and she’s determined to let them all out. But little does Rachel know, there was more to their love than she ever knew about.

“No one’s heart repairs overnight. It takes time to put the pieces back together.

Six years ago, Shane made the ultimate sacrifice that changed the course of his forever. Heartbroken over his decision, he’s found a way to move on and be content with his life. But that all goes to hell when he learns that a blast from his past is in town and she’s about to shake up his world. When you’ve loved someone for so long, how do you let them go?

“I loved you then, I love you now, and I loved you in all the light and darkness in between. I love you with all the wilderness I can’t tame. “

Every time I read a book from this author, I always want to travel!! The scenery in this story was absolutely beautiful and I pictured every single detail about this one. I was in that barn with Shane and Rachel, I was riding horses, and I could’ve felt the summer heat on my face while laying down in the grass. Rachel was a heroine that you fell in love with instantly and my heart just broke for her a few times. This girl was determined to leave the one place that brought her pain but also gave her the greatest love of all and seeing her internal struggle was what made her more relatable to me. Her connection to Shane was explosive and I loved the fact that they both knew that their love was one of a kind.

I can’t wait to see where this series is going to go. This was a beautiful raw love story that made you hold on to your partner just a little bit tighter and thanked your lucky Stars for second chances.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wild Card.

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)

message 1: by Jen (new) - added it

Jen Beautiful review, Sonya! That's exactly why I love second chance romances, too :)

message 2: by Yasmin (new)

Yasmin Amazing review, Sonya! :)

⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰ Terrific review Sonya ❤ xo

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• Fantastic review, luv!! xox

Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth Amazing review, babe!

message 6: by Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕ (last edited Aug 15, 2017 03:53PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕ Astrid - ☆Vanilla & Spice Books☆ wrote: "Amazing review, babe!"

Jenny wrote: "Fantastic review, luv!! xox"

⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰ wrote: "Terrific review Sonya ❤ xo"

Yasmin wrote: "Amazing review, Sonya! :)"

Jen wrote: "Beautiful review, Sonya! That's exactly why I love second chance romances, too :)"

Thank you so much ladies! 💜💜xoxo

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» Terrific review, love! I love second chance romances too so I'll have to check this out. Glad you enjoyed it! :) xoxo

Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog Wonderful review, Sonya! :) xx

Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕ Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog wrote: "Wonderful review, Sonya! :) xx"

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ wrote: "great review Sonya!"

Thank you ladies! <3xoxo

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» wrote: "Terrific review, love! I love second chance romances too so I'll have to check this out. Glad you enjoyed it! :) xoxo"

Thank you so much love! I think you wpuld LOVE this one ;) xo

Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews* Lovely review, my friend! 😊

message 12: by Elle's Book Blog (new)

Elle's Book Blog Great review, Sonya! xox

message 13: by Jessica's (new)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession Great review sweetie :)

message 14: by Candace (new)

Candace Terrific review, Sonya! :)

message 15: by Judith (new)

Judith Fab review,sweetheart,x

message 16: by Elle's Book Blog (new)

Elle's Book Blog Great review!!! :D