Jo 's Reviews > Last Chance Saloon

Last Chance Saloon by Marian Keyes

Sep 15, 2011

did not like it
Read from September 03 to 15, 2011 — I own a copy

Boring. Took too long to get any 'oomph' about it. I disliked the Thomas character from the beginning, but, I suppose that was intentional. Lorcan's character set my teeth on edge - he was more of an irritant and just made me want to skip his parts completely. Benjy was a whining pathetic puppy trailing after Lorcan and I wasn't enamoured with him either. What did he actually DO in the story apart from whinge?

Tara, ok maybe the bit about the weight I could identify with, but the rest? I was unimpressed with her attitude, her behavior and saw her in my mind as a similar charcacter to Jude in Bridget Jones's Diary, mixed with Miranda Hobbes from Sex and the City. Irritating, boring, needy and..well, I could go on.

Katherine I didn't really care for either. All the 'drama' for Katherine ended up being crammed into the last few chapters while Tara and Fintan got most of them.

I even took a dislike to that cat, Beryl.

All in all, I only finished reading it to see IF any of the positive reviews could be salvaged, in Thomas and Lorcan getting their comeuppances, and so I could say I've read it. They did get their just desserts, but I'm afraid I WON'T be reading this again OR recommending to my friends.

I expected more from this book and was utterly disappointed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last Chance Saloon.

message 1: by C (new)

C Im reading it just now because I found it at the 2nd hand shop where I work... And I agree with you! I've read 100 pages now and so far everything has been dull and depressing and uninteresting... If it wasn't for the fact that I didn't have anything else to read at home I would through it out!