Maxine (Booklover Catlady)'s Reviews > The Rest Will Come

The Rest Will Come by Christina Bergling

I am a huge fan of Christina Bergling and her writing.

I had loved the two novellas that she wrote a LOT, Savages Savages by Christina Bergling and The Waning The Waning by Christina Bergling and I recommend both of those for your reading list!

With this, her first full novel Christina has upped the ante. This was a very entertaining, chilling and fun book to read.

The Blurb...in case you didn't read it.

Murder can be risky…and not just for the douchebags on the business end of Emma’s power saw.

Men only let Emma down. They cheat, and they lie. They send unsolicited pictures of their genitals. Ready to give up hope, Emma decides to go on one last date. Then it finally happens—she finds the thing she loves most of all.

Killing clueless jerks she finds on the internet.

Lost in a happy haze of hunting her victims, devising increasingly-clever killings, and streamlining her dismemberment process, Emma gets careless.

As her need for her murderous outlet grows, she runs an increasing risk of getting caught…or worse—falling for one of her victims.

I mean..whoa! A must-read book right? Yup!

It crosses over a number of genres really well which will give it a broad appeal to a lot of different book lovers. It has crime elements with murder and a serial killer at large, it has the punch of a thriller novel, touches of horror with its dark edges and graphic moments plus some family drama and a touch of dark humour to top it all off. Something for everyone really! I must stress however, this is NOT chick-lit. Absolutely not. This is something for those of you who like a twist and a murder or three with your coffee and cake reading sessions.

Christina entices you in with a really intriguing and shocking opening to the book then takes you back in time and nicely builds up the back story and the main characters beautifully. You really do get to know them very well. Emma, our leading lady in this book was absolutely fascinating on so many levels. If any of you have ever braved the dating world via internet dating sites you will LOVE this book and how it exposes the sheer desperation, deception and draining search for real love via the internet. It turns out it is close to impossible. But not totally impossible. But there are a lot of really bad dates out there and poor Emma seems to get all of them!

Emma's transformation after one deadbeat douchebag date after another is pure entertainment. As Christina turns up the notches of her dark fiction thriller you will be going along with it, desperate to know how far this tale of horror is going to go and what the end result will be. I kind of wanted Emma to be my friend but as I read the book more and more began to seriously think twice about that plan. There is not one boring moment that's for sure! I read this one quickly and loved it.

The Rest Will Come absolutely barrels towards a spectacular and twisty finish. I really liked the ending of the book a lot. Christina has done really well I feel in pleasing her readers with a satisfying ending to what is a dark and edgy read. This is something fresh and different and I highly recommend this for your reading list this year! 5 stars from me.

Thanks so much for reading my review! To follow more reviews, be alerted to awesome online author events and HUGE book giveaways and more come on over to https://www.facebook.com/BookloverCat...

To follow me on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/promotethatbook

To enquire about joining my VIP book reviewers team: http://goo.gl/forms/GWMOvlofZg

To enquire about my varied and affordable book publicity services: http://goo.gl/forms/eVwa2HFKnK

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rest Will Come.

August 10, 2017 – Started Reading
August 13, 2017 – Shelved as: graphic-gory
August 13, 2017 – Shelved as: serial-killer-at-work
August 13, 2017 – Shelved as: thrillers-read
August 14, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

Fungi From Yuggoth Super-fantastic review!! You quickly convinced me this is a must-read!

message 2: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki Warby Sounds great, I really enjoyed the Deanna Madden series book 1 and already have book 2 lined up. This is now also on my list! Thanks!

Maxine (Booklover Catlady) Thank you! A fab book.