Gayle's Reviews > Chickens, Mules and Two Old Fools: Tuck into a Slice of Andalucían Life

Chickens, Mules and Two Old Fools by Victoria Twead

bookshelves: non-fiction

I'm so glad I found this little treasure of a book!! It is Victoria Twead's memoir of her and her husband's retirement in Spain. It was her idea and desire to move out of cold, dreary, rainy, foggy England...and to move to a warmer climate (and many additional "pros"). Her husband Joe was not overly excited about the prospect of moving, but they agreed to make it a "Five-Year Plan." After this time, if Joe wasn't happy they would move back to England. While reading this book I felt as though I was living it right along with them - quite an adventure!!! The only thing that surprised me about this book is that one of their acquired chickens was named "the F-word." It was so unexpected, however, when the English say this word it doesn't sound quite like the filthy word it is! Other than that surprise, the book was a sweet, enjoyable diversion!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chickens, Mules and Two Old Fools.

Finished Reading