Boxy Frown's Reviews > Burning to Ride

Burning to Ride by Michele de Winton

liked it
bookshelves: arc, bikers-mc, erotica, grown-and-sexy, http-missboxyfrown-blogspot-com, netgalley

Burning to Ride contains two novellas: Burned by Lust and Burned by Blackmail. Both of these novellas seemed more like the slice of life extras that one would read after they know and care about the characters that are featured. As far as expectations of an MC book, they are both more MC adjacent. You get peek into the world but the novellas don't live there. The novellas live at Wilde's Hotel bar, which is just fine, but it's not the club's actual clubhouse or place of business. It's a place they go to in order to drink and have fun but there is 75% of the MC lifestyle missing for those of us used to reading MC books.

In Burned by Lust, we meet Hade and Lee. Lee is running from her past and ends up hooking up with Hade. They quickly fall for each other, but Hade's MC has this rule that the President can't have an old lady...and Hade is next in line. On one hand, I enjoyed the randomness of their relationship. Lee was this nomad that showed up and ended up never leaving. On the other hand, I never got the chance to really be invested in their relationship.

In Burned by Blackmail, I actually was able to be more invested in the relationship, but the premise was a little silly. Briony, the owner of Wilde's Hotel, is being pressured to sell her hotel. The developer, Cole, come into the bar and they end up having a steamy one night stand. Neither of them knows who the other is somehow. Briony takes the advice of the MC President and decides to blackmail him into marriage, as part of their one night stand gets caught on camera in the hotel garage. Moving past that premise, and I do love a marriage of convenience or other circumstances, and Briony and Cole grew on me.

If you are looking for an MC read, this isn't really it, but if you are looking for a couple of stories about some rough people who fall in love, these two novellas might be what you are looking for.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Burning to Ride.

August 9, 2017 – Started Reading