Tosha's Reviews > Emma in the Night

Emma in the Night by Wendy   Walker

*POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Two sisters are missing. Their names are Emma and Cass. Three years later, Cass returns...but where is Emma? The book's chapters are from the perspective of Cass and Dr. Abby Winters (the psychologist working on the case). Through the interviews with Dr. Winters and the detective, the story starts to unravel - what happened to the girls that night three years ago? Where is Emma now? It appears Cass will stop at nothing to save her sister and continues to push others to continue looking for her. But is everything as it seems?

As the story unfolds, we learn about the household these girls lived in with a narcissistic mother, filled with sexually inappropriate behaviors. How did this demented household impact the girls' disappearance? Throughout the book, the reader struggles to find the truth of the story - how do we tell the truth from the lies?

Overall, the book was an easy and exciting read. Although the story was interesting, it did not pull me to continue reading as much as other books I have read recently. If possible, I think I would rate 3.5 stars, but if choosing between 3 and 4, it's going up instead of down. Parts of the book seemed a little slower and more difficult to get through; however, the book told a great story with a good ending.

Disclaimer: I received this book from the publisher via NetGalley, but always provide my honest opinion regardless.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Emma in the Night.

August 8, 2017 – Started Reading