Lata's Reviews > The Rise and Fall of D.O.D.O.

The Rise and Fall of D.O.D.O. by Neal Stephenson

bookshelves: scifi-fantasy, x2017-read, time-travel

Light and meandering, anda surprisingly fast read. I have to admit I actually enjoyed reading how the DODO bureaucracy ballooned, hampering the ability of the core group to maintain control over the various DEDEs at DTAPs. (The number of abbreviations and acronyms in use reminded me of my time at a variety of corporations.) And watching the smarmy and condescending Blevins at work -- blechhhhhhh!
I liked Melisande Stokes a lot and Erzabet frequently had me grinning.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rise and Fall of D.O.D.O..

August 8, 2017 – Started Reading
page 350
August 11, 2017 –
page 670
August 11, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Skyla Thanks for the review!I am enjoying the storyline, but there is a big problem. I am on page 77 and it is reading like a Male writer with great condescension for the female character, Thinking that what he is writing is clever. I’m about to throw in the towel even before my 100 page rule because I’m getting exhausted by the condescension to the female. Shall I continue? Does it get any better?

message 2: by Lata (new) - added it

Lata I know what you mean; I wanted to give the main male protagonist a piece of my mind. He does improve, though I mostly ignored him and paid attention only to Melisande.