Alex's Reviews > Pennyroyal Academy

Pennyroyal Academy by M.A. Larson

did not like it

This book was bad. I’m just going to come right out and say it, it was really bad. The concept sounded really great, you know I love me some boarding school, fantasy, mixed up fairy tale books but like damn this book just totally dropped the ball on all of this. I’ll give it one thing, I really liked how the witches were done in this book, but that was like ten pages out of this entire book. So beyond a really great witch premise, this book had nothing. It immediately switches tense on the first page. I am not a grammar nazi, but come on! So, Girl goes to Pennyroyal Academy- after of course meeting the most handsome and eligible Prince, and of course immediately draws the ire of stuck up princesses, and of course is singled out, and of course is super singled out because she does something that no one has ever done the first day at the academy. Just the timing of everything that happens in this book was off, and it’s like ohhh you have to do grueling training, but they don’t tell you what their training is, or how it helps with fighting witches and dragons. OHHH you have to sew a dress, and now you have to fall off of a tower, and now you have to run to breakfast…just weird disjointed ‘classes’ with nothing telling the reader why. Sorry wasn’t a fan, and will be getting rid of my copy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pennyroyal Academy.

August 8, 2017 – Started Reading