Sarah's Reviews > Irresistible You

Irresistible You by Kate Meader

I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Wow! This action packed, knicker melting hockey romance had my feminist heart doing a happy dance by the end of the second chapter. The first in a series about three half sisters who inherit a failing NHL franchise, this is the story of Harper, the oldest sister and the team’s general manager. Harper is fierce and she is determined to see her team through to the playoffs.

This series is a breath of fresh air in an oversaturated sports romance market. While I love hockey and enjoy sports romances, too many of the books - even those by really popular authors - have become predictable and formulaic. While the romance here is slightly predictable, this story is much more than a romance and I really enjoyed reading about hockey from a female owner’s perspective. Only Bianca Sommerland has attempted this angle before and this series will work for a wider, more PG audience than Sommerland’s fabulous books attract.

In this series, the focus is as much on the on the three Chase sisters and the complicated relationships between them as it is on the romance between Harper and Remy. All three are fascinating women. Harper is a businesswomen. Isobel has a coaching career after retiring from hockey and Violet works part time in a tattoo shop. Their father’s will forces them to work together but his death and their proximity also dredges up family secrets and skeletons.

The oldest sibling, Harper seems cold, hard and a little ruthless at first. I respected and admired her from the start but it wasn’t until we learned some of her history that I was able to warm to her. As she lets her sisters and her team into her life, Harper becomes a much more likeable character and I really loved watching her fight her attraction to Remy.

I’m not sure if there are any real life Cajun NHL players but I’d like to think so. Remy is a charming bastard and he also gets better as we learn more about him, his family and his past. The chemistry between these two is hot. There are a few steamy scenes in this story but there is much more story than sex and I really liked the balance. I loved this book and I’m already looking forward to the next story in the series.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Irresistible You.

Finished Reading