April's Reviews > The Third Kiss

The Third Kiss by Kat Colmer

The Third Kiss is a fast moving, fun, and delightful read. It's pretty much equal parts romance, mythology, and action. I really enjoyed the contemporary feel of the friends/girl next door turns into something more storyline, mixed with the more supernatural feeling of the Eros Guardian mythology. That magical realism is definitely one of my favorite parts of the book. When Jonas starts finding out more about this love curse and discovers an unknown enemy, the Groth Maar, that's when the action kicks up and things really get interesting. Another thing that made me really enjoy this book is the likable characters and the relationships between them. Even the best storylines tend to fall flat if the characters are not enjoyable, but that was not a problem here. The banter between the friends and siblings was fun and helped me to really feel their affection for one another, There were definitely times when I wanted to smack Cora and Jonas for being so dense about their feelings for each other. I mean they even had proof right in front of their eyes at one point that they had a strong potential for true love and they still fought it. Ugh! Overall I felt the story was pretty unique and that twist at the end has me super anxious to get my hands on the next book! I highly recommend this book to fans of teen romance with some great banter, mythology, and action thrown in.

** I received a digital copy of this book from Netgalley for review purposes. **

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Third Kiss.

August 7, 2017 – Started Reading