Adam Wilson's Reviews > Cold Vengeance

Cold Vengeance by Douglas Preston

M 50x66
Sep 14, 2011

Cold Vengeance is the eleventh Pendergast novel and, like Relic/Reliquary and Dance of Death/Book of the Dead, it is part of a small series inside the over-all series of Pendergast. It is a good addition to the series which, in my opinion, can't seem to do anything wrong at all. The character of Aloysius is so damn interesting that I think I would enjoy it if Child/Preston wrote a novel about him doing just about anything. This novel did manage to remind me why I hate reading a series either before it is completed or before the authors are dead. I hate having to wait months or years to find out what happens and I read so many books that I usually forget a lot of important details by the time the next book is released. If you don't like that feeling of having to wait then don't pick this one up until the third part is available. It has a massive cliffhanger at the end involving one of my favorite Pendergast characters, Corrie Swanson, who you may remember from my favorite Pendergast novel, Still Life With Crows. Like others have said, this book definitely has that middle-of-the-trilogy feel to it, but it is the shortest of the novels so it isn't too drawn out and it is still packed full of gun-fights and clever characters so I would recommend it to anyone who has enjoyed the series so far. I doubt you will be disappointed, but I am sure you will be a bit irritated by the novel's nonexistent conclusion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cold Vengeance.