Bookgasms Book Blog's Reviews > Love in the Friend Zone

Love in the Friend Zone by Molly E. Lee

bookshelves: shelly

You know those definitive party scenes in all the great teen romcoms (think Say Anything or Can't Hardly Wait)? The ones where things go from crazy to crazier and it's hilarious, and fun, and leaves you a little bit on the edge of your seat and frustated while you wait for the hero and the heroine to figure things out and find their way toward true love?

Yeah. This book is exactly like that. It's a unique set-up - fresh and fun and ripe with opportunities to tell more stories. I loved it! And - despite the fact that they literally made me throw my hands up in the air and roll my eyes at them more than once - I really really loved Braylen and Fynn. Their angst - so unnecessary and so "next level", but also so true to that time in life. I related to it in a way that made me uncomfortable with my memories, but also in a way that made me feel nostalgic and happy and all fuzzy warm hearted.

Always late to the party, this was my first book by Molly E. Lee and I'm so happy to say it won't be my last. Not only because it's the start of a series and I definitely need to know what was going on with some of the secondary characters (and I selfishly want a Randy book because as wingmen go? That guy was tops.), but also because the writing was engaging, the story was extremely entertaining, and despite the few times where I wanted to cover my eyes and hide - I enjoyed the crap out of it. I'm all-in for more! ~ Shelly, 4 Stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love in the Friend Zone.

Finished Reading