Anum Hashim's Reviews > Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking

Quiet by Susan Cain

U 50x66

This is a book I've wanted to read for a long time. If you're an introvert I highly recommend you read this book. It's no secret that the world is made for extroverts. For most of my life I've known I'm an introvert and it's been a reason I feel left out in many crowds. It's a term that we throw around, and people seem to understand what it means, but even introverts don't understand what this means and to what extent it impacts their life. This book fixes aims to fix this, to an extent. It talks about how introverts react to situations, what about our personality affects other parts of our life at work, in relationships, in social settings. This book made me realize how so many of my thoughts and actions are a by product of this trait. It is not about justifying my actions or thoughts by saying I'm an introvert, but it did make me feel like I was not alone in the way I felt and thought in certain situations. It's like I've found my tribe - in a book of course!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Quiet.

August 6, 2017 – Shelved