Holly's Reviews > Lethal White

Lethal White by Robert Galbraith

bookshelves: audiobook, mystery-suspense-thriller-horror, 2018-read

This book gets 5 stars for the personal/professional relationship updates between Robin and Cormoran, but only gets 2 stars for the 'murder mystery' presented in this book. I *loved* seeing all the extra page time that Robin and Cormoran finally get in regards to their individual personal lives (warning: the slow burn still burns slowly). In fact, the book is practically at the half way mark before anyone even gets murdered. Loved it! But then the mystery does take over like I said. While I found all the new side characters revolving around this mystery to be generally fully-fleshed out and interesting, I just wasn't that drawn into it. Mostly because no one seemed all that nice/good so finding out which exact terrible person murdered the dead terrible person isn't a 'happy' resolution to root for. I still very much look forward to reading the next book whenever it comes out. Also, when will the tv adaption finally come to America?! Come on BBC, send it across the pond please!

Spoiler prediction for the next book:
(view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lethal White.

August 5, 2017 – Shelved
August 5, 2017 – Shelved as: not-yet-released
September 18, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
October 28, 2018 – Started Reading
October 28, 2018 – Shelved as: audiobook
October 28, 2018 – Shelved as: mystery-suspense-thriller-horror
November 5, 2018 – Shelved as: 2018-read
November 5, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)

Richard Holly, Spot on. I like your comment(s) about this novel better than mine, however, we both felt that this book was underwhelming and we both commented on the more detailed relationship between Strike and Robin.
Richard

message 2: by Yun (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yun Yes, I was so happy to see the progress of Robin and Comoran's personal lives and their relationship in this book. I'll read more books in the series just for that! Can't wait for the next book. I like your prediction... we'll see how it turns out ;)

message 3: by Julie (new)

Julie Great review, Holly!! 😊❤😊

Paula Kalin I agree! Send it across the Pond! Love your review. Can’t wait to read the book!

Holly Richard wrote: "Holly, Spot on. I like your comment(s) about this novel better than mine, however, we both felt that this book was underwhelming and we both commented on the more detailed relationship between Stri..."

Yup - the mystery just wasn't as good as I hoped and dragged a bit. I agree with your favorite of the series :)

Holly Yun wrote: "Yes, I was so happy to see the progress of Robin and Comoran's personal lives and their relationship in this book. I'll read more books in the series just for that! Can't wait for the next book. I ..."

Exactly - I am here for Robin/Comoran!! It's like the slowest of slow burns, thrown in with some murder LOL

Holly Julie wrote: "Great review, Holly!! 😊❤😊"

Thanks!

Holly Paula wrote: "I agree! Send it across the Pond! Love your review. Can’t wait to read the book!"

I'm so impatient for it!!

JV (semi-hiatus) A wonderful review, Holly! 😊

message 10: by JanB (new)

JanB I read the first book in the series and never felt compelled to continue. I’m kind of regretting that decision. Glad you enjoyed it Holly!

message 11: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Nice review, Holly. Sorry this wasn't everything you hoped for. Fingers crossed the next in the series is a 5 star!

message 12: by Hollis (new) - added it

Hollis only skimmed this review BUT I'm not surprised by your opening point. I felt that way about one, possibly two, books from this series already. but I'm such trash for Robin & Cormoran so happy to see that bit lives up to it. can't wait to get to this one!

Holly JV wrote: "A wonderful review, Holly! 😊"

Thanks!

Holly JanB wrote: "I read the first book in the series and never felt compelled to continue. I’m kind of regretting that decision. Glad you enjoyed it Holly!"

The series does get better as it goes on, but the mystery parts of it can be hit or miss.

Holly Melissa wrote: "Nice review, Holly. Sorry this wasn't everything you hoped for. Fingers crossed the next in the series is a 5 star!"

As long as Robin/Comoran are end-game, I'll keep reading this series haha!

Holly Hollis wrote: "only skimmed this review BUT I'm not surprised by your opening point. I felt that way about one, possibly two, books from this series already. but I'm such trash for Robin & Cormoran so happy to se..."

Yeah, I'm not here for the murder mystery, I'm here for the romance! And the lack of it doesn't even phase me. LOL! Slow burn still slowly burns but it's moving forward.... :D

Kathy I watched a tv adaptation of the the first three novels in the US on Cinemax. Very good!

Richard Huh ... I never heard of a tv adaptation of thi series ! Not at all ...

Holly Kathy wrote: "I watched a tv adaptation of the the first three novels in the US on Cinemax. Very good!"

How did I not know this?!?! Thank you!!

Holly Richard wrote: "Huh ... I never heard of a tv adaptation of thi series ! Not at all ..."

I thought it was still wasn't released yet for the US, only in the UK, but apparently not: https://www.cinemax.com/cb-strike/epi...

Kathy Yep, it’s called a CB Strike. The actress playing Robin is perfect, I pictured her while reading Lethal Whote.

Richard Just briefly looked at that link for the series. It might be expensive to get if I'm only interested in just that. I only have Netflix.

Any feedback welcome for those that have watched the series. Is it good ? Usually the books are better than the t.v./movie adaptations.

Chrissie Great review, Holly. I love your spoiler prediction. (view spoiler) I'm in!