May's Reviews > Blythe

Blythe by John   Kramer

F 50x66
Aug 05, 2017

bookshelves: christian, fantasy

I have no idea how to classify this book--it's as if the author of The Hunger Games trilogy went drinking with Friedrich Hayek ("The Road to Serfdom") and C.S. Lewis, and they all decided to write a novel together (while drinking). :)
The book is all about faith and freedom and redemption, and, yet, it is about none of these things. I have concluded that it is one of those rare books where you get out of the book what you put in, only with your thoughts more deeply developed and your words more lyrically written.
I realize my review is somewhat cryptic, but the book defies classification and is one of those books that stays with you long after you've finished it. It isn't the kind of book I normally read, and it's not always a comfortable read (intentionally so). Even with those caveats, I really enjoyed it, and it will keep me thinking for quite a while.
If you're looking for something out of the ordinary to get your mind to go down roads it doesn't normally travel, I highly recommend "Blythe" to get those brain cells going!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blythe.

Started Reading