Lynn's Reviews > The Bad Boy Bargain

The Bad Boy Bargain by Kendra C. Highley

Aug 05, 2017

bookshelves: young-adult, safety-gang-safe

Cute, YA romance. 4.5 stars.

Wow, this one took my by surprise. I was going through my to-read books and found the third of this series on there. Not wanting to start with the third I looked up the first. I was very reluctant because I don't like bad boy/good girl romances. In general I'm just not a fan of bad boys. I got a sample skeptically but willing to give it a chance and then downloaded the book immediately once the sample was through. This was the type of book I've been looking to read with all of the heavy stuff going on this summer (it's been an especially emotionally exhausting summer).

I don't consider this a spoiler since it's out in the first chapter but Kyle is not actually a bad boy. He's pretty much as far from it as you can be. But he hides behind the persona and you'll have to read to learn why. While he was a reluctant hero, and that does bother some people. I thought he was mostly just sweet, scared and really, really confused. I'm not sure I buy that people would believe his persona but as an escapist quick, fun read it worked.

Faith was great. I liked that she had good friends and family (and actually, Kyle had family who loved him too). That's always nice in YA, Faith was an easy heroine to get behind. I'm really glad I started the series with this book because I'm hoping these two will pop up in later books.

Of note, there is cursing and sexual situations/references. Keep that in mind if that sort of thing bothers you

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bad Boy Bargain.

Started Reading