Suzie Waltner's Reviews > Courting the Country Miss

Courting the Country Miss by Donna Hatch

I love best friends to more stories and I enjoy the Regency period stories, so Courting the Country Miss had two points in its favor before I even began reading it.
It took a little while to get everything set up between Leticia and Tristan, but once all of the pieces are in place, these two friends’ story came together quickly. As Tristan realizes he wants more than friendship from the only person who has stood by his side over the years, Leticia fears giving her heart to him. Tristan must prove he’s changed. Not an easy thing to do when you’ve got competition and a tight timeline.
As teasing turns to flirting and friendship blossoms into love, I appreciated that those feelings weren’t a light-switch reaction. It takes a while for these two to admit they feel more for each other.
Leticia’s determination to educate women of the lower class despite the threats from her peers is admirable. Tristan’s protectiveness for his friend (from the beginning of the book) is sweet and shows the reader what’s buried under the person he projects to others.
The ending felt a little rushed to me but overall, Donna Hatch does an admirable job of taking readers on an admirable journey of love, bravery, and friendship. Courting the Country Miss is a pleasant and clean story for those who enjoy reading about the Regency period.

Disclosure statement:
I receive complimentary books for review from publishers, publicists, and/or authors, including NetGalley. I am not required to write positive reviews. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Courting the Country Miss.

August 5, 2017 – Started Reading