Corey's Reviews > The Forgetting Spell

Aug 05, 2017

it was ok
bookshelves: middle-school, fantasy

Book Talk:

Do you remember your 13th birthday? Closing your eyes, making your wish, and blowing out your candles? What would happen if your wish actually came true? In The Forgetting Spell, this is exactly what happens to Darya on her Wishing Day. But Darya should be careful what she wishes for, because it just might change everything about her life.

My Thoughts:
This book was all over the place. In hindsight, I should probably have read #1 before reading this one, but I jumped right in. I was confused and really had no idea what was going on or why. I still don't really know who Emily is, or why she mattered so much to the story. I don't get the mother character at all, or why she felt the need to leave her children and husband. Why would leaving fix anything? I am just so very confused by this story.

I feel like this book wanted to be so much more, and could have been, if there was any sort of logical story line. I just truly did not get it.

My Recommendations:
2.5/5 stars
Grades 5+

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Forgetting Spell.

August 3, 2017 – Started Reading
August 5, 2017 – Shelved
August 5, 2017 – Shelved as: middle-school
August 5, 2017 – Shelved as: fantasy
August 5, 2017 – Finished Reading

Sharon the first book was so much better, too...you missed a lot having read book 2 first