Sarah's Reviews > Firmament: Gestern

Firmament by J. Grace Pennington

bookshelves: 2017-reads, by-friends, homeschool-author, received-for-review, sci-fi

Age Appropriate For: 10 and up for violent and mildly scary scenes.
Best for Ages: 12-25

Anyone who read Reversal Zone will know that it left you desperate for the next book. I was so privileged to be part of the advanced reader team. This book was not a disappointment.

The first thing that people will find is that this takes place on Earth. It is a different feel from the other books set in space, but we don’t lose sight of the space age technology, or forget the peril that we are in. Andi, after all, has a limited time to get what she needs to survive. It only takes one message to send her, August, and Crash on an adventure to save a little girl.

This book really focuses on August and Andi’s relationship. I really enjoyed seeing them discover more about each other outside the starship setting. As August is a much beloved character in this series, many will be happy to learn more about him and see how the adventure affects him.
I love seeing how Andi is growing and changing. As she is being stretched and placed in new situations, you see her maturing and coming into her own. I look forward to seeing how the next book or two develops her character.

One of my favorite aspects is to watch how well Pennington wove the story. So many things are not as they appear and leave you second guessing everything. I know I was surprised by the twists in the story, which doesn’t happen a lot to me. However, this story once again left me in need of the next book. I hope it comes out soon!

I highly recommend this book and series to those who like stories of adventure, sci-fi, and young-adult fiction.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Firmament.

August 4, 2017 – Started Reading
August 4, 2017 – Finished Reading
August 5, 2017 – Shelved
August 5, 2017 – Shelved as: 2017-reads
August 5, 2017 – Shelved as: by-friends
August 5, 2017 – Shelved as: homeschool-author
August 5, 2017 – Shelved as: sci-fi
August 5, 2017 – Shelved as: received-for-review

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Faith I agree! And me, too!