Maurean's Reviews > The Night Crew

The Night Crew by John Sandford

Apr 23, 2008

Read in May, 2008

In this novel, we follow a mobile unit of free-lance photographer’s through the midnight streets of L.A., as they prowl for news to sell to the highest network bidder. In this case, the crew's taping of a lab break-in by animal-rights activists and of a drug-crazed teenager's jump from a hotel window. When their part-time cameraman is shot dead and his body is mutilated, then a friend of his is murdered in an equally grisly manner, it becomes increasingly clear that a psycho is stalking Anna and her crew. To catch him, they team up with the father of the jumper, a lawyer and ex-cop, Jake Harper, who believes the case of his son and the death of their cameraman is somehow connected.

I really enjoyed reading this fast-paced action thriller. The characters were well-developed- just as I’d suspect from the creator of Lucas Davenport, one of my favorite fiction crime-fighters - and the plot moves at an accelerated pace that drives the reader towards an intense and satisfying conclusion. I found it un-put-downn-able, and want to read Sandford’s Kidd and LuEllen novels, as well.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Night Crew.