kariny v's Reviews > Infinity

Infinity by Jus Accardo

bookshelves: 2017-challenge, read-n-review-for-authors

*I RECEIVED A FREE COPY FROM ENTANGLED TEEN IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW*
Kori is your average rebellious teen, her mother passed and her father is super overprotective, so when he leaves on a mission, Kori is left with babysitters-and she's falling for one of them!! I loved the depth of Kori's character and how art was her way of expression. She definitely matures through the book and you get to see a much more compassionate and selfless side of her that was hidden by the whole rebellious act in the beginning. And I especially liked that she was determined to find out what was going on in her life and she had her head well screwed on her shoulders!

Basically the plot is kind of Fallen by Lauren Kate meets Through Fire & Sea by Nicole luiken. There are different dimensions and in each of those there's a doppelgänger of each person. And in every dimension, Kori is dead expect for this one-which is why she's in danger. And in every dimension, Kori and Cade are in love. But why is she dead in all the other dimensions? And can she outlive her dopplegangers or suffer the same fate in this dimension?

I have to put in a special word for the villain-the character who wants her dead-was absolutely phenomenally written! This character keeps you on the edge of your seat and you just can't wait to see what that person does next! It was a total psycho but omg the tension and the suspense was spectacular!

Romance wise, it was great but I wasn't that hooked on it because Cade doesn't seem to be over his Kori from the other dimension so I was just wondering how that would work out. I just have a hard time sensing how much he actually loves Kori for Kori or he's just clinging on to her because she reminds him in some ways of his Dead Kori.

But the author had a great flow in her writing especially when it came to tense and urgent scenes!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Infinity.

August 3, 2017 – Started Reading