Kristen's Reviews > An Earl for the Archeress

GENRE: Historical
THEME: Romance, Retelling
RECEIVED: Tour
REVIEW:

I was super excited to start this Robin Hood retelling, especially with a female lead being the robin hood. Right from the start I was immediately pulled into Mariel Crawford’s life, she has run away from her horribly cruel father, who was going to marry her off to another horrible person. She is a strong and very independent woman and is determined to get as far away as she can. She enters an archery contest to help win her food and shelter, with the money she’ll win. But of course women are not allowed to enter, so being smart and crafty she enters in for her “brother” which catches the eye of the host of the contest Robert, the earl of Huntington.

I read historical romances, every so often, sometimes I have a hard time with the language, but the plot and character building was great, that I flew through this book in one sitting. The romance, tension and banter was everything I love about romances, I loved how Robert wasn’t the average guy in those times, he treated Mariel with respect and an archer and with intrigue on who she was and wanted to keep her safe and fed.

Overall I was thrilled to discover a new author and a new series, this is the first in the Ladies of Scotland series and I seriously cant wait for more. I can tell these women are going to all be headstrong and challenge their male counterpart and every turn.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Earl for the Archeress.

August 2, 2017 – Started Reading