Daphne's Reviews > Born at Midnight

Born at Midnight by C.C. Hunter

Sep 13, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: enjoyed, fae, were, vampires, witch
Read in November, 2011

I'm weeping here...I did like the cover and it started interesting until sweet Kylie became a serial kisser to any boy who gave her the time of day. She lost me. There was also some grammatical errors.

Kylie has her share of problems with her parents divorce, her best friend and now her ex-boyfriend Trey who broke up it off because she didn't entertain the idea of having sex.
She is sent to a camp for troubled teens because she was at a party where there was drugs and liquor and her mother was not having it!

Now to get to the point of the book...Kylie realizes that everyone at the camp has paranormal gifts and she doesn't believe she fits in even though she sees ghost. The ghost was a good twist to the story. Her new roommates Miranda and Della are showing her the ropes and are fun, and witty. During this quest she starts second guessing about her parents and their true identity. Also, there are some unexplained events at the camp that has the government threatening to close camp.

Now comes the boy saga; Her ex-boyfriend Trey pays her a visit at the camp in an attempt to win her back and after a makeout session she decides its just not time to reconcile.

Derek a fae is a hot charasmatic gentleman. Kylie can't help but realize how much he reminds her of Trey. After a steamy kiss she tells him they should be friends because she wasnt sure if she wanted to deal with boys.

Then...........

Werewolf Lucas a childhood neighbor is at the camp and she is instantly horrified once she recognizes him because of a tragic event during her youth. But...taadaaa she is drawn by his physique and how manly he looks for his age. They share the kiss of the century and well things go downhill.

The story was headed to a good direction until the author had Kailey showing deep feelings for every guy in sight. She needed a simmer down pill. Nevertheless, I will read the second book in hopes C.C. Hunter has Kailey in check.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Born at Midnight.

message 1: by Wendy Darling (new)

Wendy Darling Wow, it sounds like what happened with Shift! I liked Shade a lot, and then in the second book the character was totally all over the place with her...affections. I hate it when authors do this. :( Sorry you had such a disappointing read, Daphne.

Devora I feel exactly the same and I already bought the next two in the series so hopefully it gets better.

Daphne Devora wrote: "I feel exactly the same and I already bought the next two in the series so hopefully it gets better."

Phew! Actually it gets better. I hope you enjoy them. The third book was pretty good.

Devora Daphne wrote: "Devora wrote: "I feel exactly the same and I already bought the next two in the series so hopefully it gets better."

Thanks they did get better can't wait for the 4th one