Bec_BookMagicReviews's Reviews > My Hellion, My Heart

My Hellion, My Heart by Amalie Howard

Aug 02, 2017

bookshelves: august-2017-recommendations, book-magic-reviews, netgalley

Lord Henry Radcliffe doesn't want anything to do with love, but with his thirtieth birthday approaching, he must marry. However, the only woman he wants is too innocent for his sexual appetite. He won't subject her to his war-ravaged past, but Princess Irina Volkonsky is determined to provoke Henry every time they're in the same room together. Will Irina finally win the heart of the man she's always loved, or will Henry lose her to someone that wants Irina for themselves?

I am coming to absolutely love Historical Romance, and this book is just one of my many reasons why. Not only because the main characters were incredible and intriguing with their back stories and their journey to happy ever after, but because their chemistry and romance is explosive and spills over onto the pages in nicely-detailed sex scenes that are well worth the wait. Right from the beginning, this story was attention-grabbing because the heroine is an absolutely hellion, determined to scandalize London with her flirtations and her desire to remain single. Why should she marry before she's ready?

As for the dialogue, it was intense due to the main characters back stories, as both have been through hard times in the past with Henry suffering demons from his time at war and Irina suffering at the hands of someone that should have treated her and her sister with love and kindness. Will Irina be able to help Henry overcome his demons? However, there were some light-hearted moments between the hero and heroine that I loved. Henry knows he shouldn't be interacting in the up close and personal way he does with Irina, but she's the one woman he can't seem to resist.

Furthermore, the main characters made this story a real page turner for me, as Irina is resilient, sassy and I loved how determined she was to provoke the hero. Will a scandal ruin her reputation? I also liked how courageous the heroine was in going after what she wanted when it seemed all hope is lost. Henry is the only man she sees a future with and there's no way she's going to let him get away. While the hero, I could sympathize with him when it came to his past and the reactions he has to certain situations that remind him of what he's been through. Certainly, he's strong and brave and I liked how the heroine helped him overcome anything that was too hard for Henry to handle.

Overall, the wonderful duo of Ms. Howard and Ms. Morgan have penned a fascinating read in this book that entertained me from start to finish with a storyline that had me wondering whether Henry would ever be free of the past and whether the main characters would be able to find a way to put an end to someone's desire to see them never get their happy ever after. The way this story ended had me on the edge-of-my-seat with what Henry and Irina go through, but I liked how everything worked out for this couple in the end because they're meant to be together. Yet, what I liked most about the ending was the epilogue, as it wrapped this story up perfectly, especially with the surprise the heroine had for their family. I would recommend My Hellion, My Heart by Amalie Howard and Angie Morgan, if you enjoy Historical Romance or books by authors Collette Cameron, Sophie Jordan, Kimberly Bell and Lorraine Heath.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Hellion, My Heart.

Started Reading