Rachel Zylstra's Reviews > White Gardenia

White Gardenia by Belinda Alexandra

Sep 13, 2011

Read from December 12 to 21, 2011

I got so lost in this book that I am currently sitting here at 12:13am after 4 solid hours of reading. I turned the last page a few minutes ago.

Belinda Alexandra's attention to detail is wonderful. I felt like I literally walked right into the story. What I loved most was that there was no 'build-up' or 'intros'. It was straight into the story and I was instantly hooked.

Anya was courageous, strong, kind and determined. Throughout the story Anya meets so many beautiful people who become life long friends. They added so much life to the story and I loved each and every one.

I enjoyed the way Belinda Alexandra handled the lead up to the ending. It was full of questions and uncertainty. I was trying to read extra fast just so I could hurry up and find out what was going to happen.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read White Gardenia.

12/12/2011 page 113
12/12/2011 page 113
19.0% "Knew I shouldn't have gone browsing reviews - too many spoilers! Though I suspected what I found out anyway. Am really loving this, trying not to rush through it though. Only reading when I have absolite peace and quiet (ie kids bedtime) lol"
12/14/2011 page 205
35.0% "Up to Part Two. Well so far I have come to the conclusion that all characters I have ever had the displeasure of reading about named Dimitri are right bastards!"
12/15/2011 page 232
39.0% "BTW just want to add how good the first chapter was. Was supposed to mention this on my first update. You're thrown right into the story, there's no slow build up or long endless explanations of characters and their histories. And I love how she makes you understand the title of the book in the first chapter too. It annoys me sometimes when I'm reading a book and wondering what the title is in relation to the story."
05/17/2016 marked as: read