Kate (Nomalicious Reads)'s Reviews > Obsidian

Sep 12, 2011

bookshelves: 2011-releases, netgalley, favourites, reviewed, arc, own
Read from October 25 to 26, 2011

More reviews can be found at my blog: Nomalicious Reads

After reading Obsidian, my first reaction was to think: I should go stick my head in the freezer just so I can cool down enough to write my review!

Things were not only hot, in Obsidian... they was SCORCHING! Steam practically wafts out of this baby, I was a bit worried my kindle would spontaneously combust - although if it did, I swear I would only forgive it for doing so under the pressure of one of the extremely hot and incredibly yummy Daemon's kisses.

Now that you've all questioned my sanity or are bursting at the seams to get a hold of Obsidian... I'll continue.

I'm kind of surprised no one has ever wrote a book with the main character being a book blogger before (to my knowledge anyhow), and kudos to Jennifer for snatching up this idea, it was amazing and not only for the book blogger part, but the awesome alien concept as well!

I personally think it will be interesting to see how many more bloggers will appear after Obsidian hits the shelves, and if anymore books featuring bloggers will pop out in the foreseeable future!

Every book blogger out there will love to read about Katy, well I did - she was smart, sassy, had some great one liners, and of course she also had the same love affair with books that we all do. She was happy to receive comments, post reviews, insanely ecstatic when books arrived in the mail, embarrassed when the hot alien boy see's her quirky In My Mailbox post... oh wait, maybe we don't all have the hot alien boy part (where can I sign up for that!?).

Daemon was no angel, Katy describes him pretty well with her first scalding remark of 'douchebag' not so creative, but the girl works better than most under pressure! Maybe it's just me and Katy, but I do love a guy that can manage to be a complete jerk yet still flirt and give you butterflies at the same time! You just gotta hate and love him.

Daemon has hidden depths, like every character worth loving has. You just want to give him a big hug and um... rip his clothes off at the same time (hmm, maybe I'm being too graphic, apologies).

The tension was electric, the build up was tormentingly evil of Jennifer, but ooh boy was it worth the wait!

Dee was a bundle of adorable fun, she was a great match for the friendship area for Katy and I wouldn't want to stand between this girl and her ice-cream!

The Alien twist was great, I love how they weren't your typical little green men seeking peace or massive bugs after world domination.

The end was: awesome, frustrating, humorous, amazing and intriguing! my hands are going to be tingling to the very tips until I get my hands on book two!

I have so many speculations about book two! I don't want to spoil so I think I'm going to have to go annoy other fantastic bloggers that have read this masterpiece already and see what they think and speculate!

Thank you Jennifer and Entangled Publishing for giving me the chance to read and review Obsidian - which I've been dying to read ever since I heard about it and then did my first ever cover release!

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout was another fantastic read and will
be going into my favourites and truthfully, I think she had me as soon as 'stab-worthy' was mentioned in the synopsis!

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout is a definite must read!
& gets:

nomalicious nomnom noms

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Obsidian.

10/25/2011
9.0% "This is absolutely AMAZING!"
10/25/2011
31.0% "They need to kiss! This tension is killing me... in a slow boiling pot of YUM!"
10/25/2011
52.0% "Don't want to stop reading! Work time though. :("
10/25/2011
76.0% "my gosh this is awesome!"
10/25/2011
80.0% "HOLY HELL, KISSSS KISS KISS KISS KISS!! All that has happened and no kiss yet, I might cry soon ahah."
10/26/2011
87.0% "HOLLY FUCKING SHIT, that was pretty much worth the wait.. MORE!"
10/26/2011
100.0% "Okay, that was amazing! Damn that ending! I want morrre haha."

Brodie SO EXCITED FOR THIS. Can't wait for your gushing review :D

Kate (Nomalicious Reads) ahaha its going to be a massive gush fest! It will be up tomorrow! So Stay tuned!