Nasom's Reviews > The Sin Eater’s Daughter

The Sin Eater’s Daughter by Melinda Salisbury

liked it
bookshelves: fantasy, complete-series-tbr

Full Review

I'm not sure about this one. Unique concept but not that captivating

What I liked
- I liked the idea of this book. A girl whose mother is a sin eater (someone that ‘eats’ the sins of people that died to make sure they find peace in the after life. Each sin is represented by a particular food item so by the food represented, you know what types of sins the person committed) and the girl herself becomes ‘Daunen Embodied’ which is someone who is blessed by the gods and has the ability to kill people with a touch. She’s like Rogue from X-men but worse.

- I kinda liked the romance. I know some people described it as a love triangle but it wasn’t to me. She only ever liked one person throughout the book.

What I didn’t like
- Okay, this book went on some long lesson about belief vs science(which low-key seemed like propaganda against belief) but that wasn’t even what I disliked. It ended up being pointless… (view spoiler)

- The incest plot in this was just gross and got worse (view spoiler)

- Honestly, the plot-twist in this were either predictable (view spoiler) or anticlimactic (view spoiler). There were some plot twists I didn’t see coming but honestly, these were things that the MC should have guessed based on what was going on. Like I remember wondering about somethings that happened so even though I didn’t guess the twists, I wasn’t surprised by them. (view spoiler)

- I just didn’t get why the prince liked her. I know they were engaged for a long time but they hardly knew each other so I just don’t understand why he was so ‘in love’ with her (view spoiler)

Overall, it was aight but I won't be reading the rest of the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sin Eater’s Daughter.

August 1, 2017 – Shelved
August 3, 2018 – Started Reading
August 3, 2018 –
page 49
14.58% "“In order to keep the royal bloodline pure, brothers have been married to sisters”

Well, that’s just nasty"