Shaz's Reviews > Moments

Moments by R.J. Scott

Sep 12, 2011

bookshelves: mm
Read from August 05 to 06, 2013 — I own a copy

I don't know why this has been sitting on my to read shelf for so long. I bought it nearly 2 years ago, but had never read it. And that was just plain stupid lol.

I thoroughly enjoyed this tale. I suppose that the story is a bit cliche: misbehaving child-actor, never having been forced to grow up and learn from his mistakes, meets do-gooder who only tries to see the best in people. But just saying that and perhaps even dismissing it as only that, you would miss out on so much. Jacob and Ethan are great characters. They aren't shown as one dimensional, cardboard cutouts. RJ Scott has given these cliche's life.

And as always in her writing the secondary characters simply add to the story, don't overpower, but aren't superfluous either. Maybe some of the issues or problems had a touch of "easy fix" to them. But then again, do we really always want to be mired down by tiny details? I read to be able to escape from these things, so I'm happy to, sometimes at least, have them have a fairytale solution.

This book just proves to me again why RJ Scott is an auto-buy and a favourite author of mine.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moments.

07/28/2013 marked as: 2013-challenges