Kerry's Reviews > Saving Sara

Saving Sara by Nicola Marsh

Read 2 times. Last read August 21, 2017 to August 22, 2017.

Saving Sara is a lovely read. Another book which has been waiting patiently on my kindle. I'm so glad I finally got around to reading it.
When we first meet Sara, she is attending a funeral. The funeral is for her 3 year old daughter, Lucy, which is just heart-breaking. We don't find out what happened straight away, but as well as losing her daughter, Sara's marriage is falling apart and she finds herself in Redemption, in a house left to her by her grandmother, in an attempt to heal.
Jake is also trying to heal. He still can't forgive himself for an accident he feels he caused, but he has to pull himself together to some degree when his sister asks him to take care of his nephew whilst she gets herself well. Jake also finds himself in Redemption when he enlists the help of his Aunt Cilla, who lives next door to Sara.
Now, it is quite obvious that Sara and Jake are going to click, but it's far from straight forward and I thoroughly enjoyed their story. They are lovely characters and I was routing for them all the way through. Cilla too!
This story is full of raw emotion, which I felt on every page. There is unimaginable loss and grief, but also learning to live again. It's a beautiful romance with the happiest of endings.
I will be purchasing book 2 in this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Saving Sara.

July 31, 2017 – Shelved