Nandanie's Reviews > Inheritance

Inheritance by Christopher Paolini

I loved this book. It answers most of my questions, that had us screaming and hitting our heads against the walls for the past few years. This books is my personal favorite in the series, and it ends perfectly, even though Eragon will likely spend his life alone, without a love to ever be there with him... I am glad for the dragons, for they have a chance to rebuild their race, and I was suprised that killing Galbatorix was so easy. I expected them to ride on their dragons and confrtont each other in a major sword battle, but it was an awkward spell that killed him! As for Murtagh, I am glad that he and Thorn are good guys. Basically, the book ends the way I want it, but the next dragon rider was rather predictable!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inheritance.

September 12, 2011 – Shelved
November 9, 2011 – Started Reading
November 9, 2011 –
page 6
0.71% "wow Christopher Paolini starts off right away with the action...I love this series..I am mad that this will be the last book but I am looking forward to Christopher Paolini's other writing!!!!!! ;)"
November 9, 2011 –
page 15
1.77% "Roran about to die? On page 15? Already? Saphira is heling, Eragon already in sword fight adn Roran about to die within 15 pages! Christopher Paolini is too great"
November 10, 2011 –
page 92
10.84% "war and battle on the first day! This author never lets you be disappointed with slow moving books!"
November 10, 2011 –
page 150
17.67% "OMG! SO much has happened! I cant believe it!!!!!!!! Eragon BETTER hook up with Arya they NEED eachother and Eragon wants her...they understand eachother's pain..."
page 202
23.79% "I love it and I wonder what is going to happen to Eragon adn Murtagh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I got to read so see you guys later!!!!!!!!!"
page 246
28.98% "I love it........At least Glaedr is safe!!!! ;)"
page 273
32.16% "Secret tunnel? Hmmmmmmmmm...\n Poor Saphira, she adn Eragon have to seperate AGAIN...I like it when they are together and Eragon adn Saphira aren't so hot on the idea either...I love this sereis!!!!!!!1"
page 302
35.57% "Angela is sooo smart but there's a new magic trick Eragon should learn!"
page 330
38.87% "good book so far! What does Murtagh mean?"
page 414
48.76% "Murtagh doesnt tend to Nasuada? I thought they had a thing going on..."
page 430
50.65% "Poor Nasuada...I am going to cry even though she wasn't my fav character, doesnt make me feel sorry for her! Anyways, I wonder that since Murtagh had hurt her, if love will ever prosper between them"
page 4401
100% "now I know what had happened to Galedr and Oromis...That is soooooo sad"
page 440
51.83% "Now I know what had happened to Glaedr and Oromis!"
page 473
55.71% "OMG Murtagh is sooooooo unlikely! Is he good or bad? Does he love Nasuada or hate her? Oh please, they need to be together and Murtagh and Eragon need to fight as a team, as brothers!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhh the size of this books and the information is overwhelming, but I love it!!!!!!!"
page 500
58.89% "Please. Let Murtagh be safe, please let Murtagh help Nasuada please!"
page 554
65.25% "The Vault of Souls! Can it be, that the secrets are finally going to be revelaed?!?!?!?!?"
page 554
page 570
67.14% "Vault of souls contains... I will not say in fear of spoiling the book! But OMG Saphira is SO pleased!"
page 602
70.91% "The final battle? Already! Hope Murtagh can break free of Galby's grip on him"
page 630
74.2% "GALBY AND BATTLE! WHO WILL GET DEFEATED? who will die? who will live? what is going ot to happen? so many q's and very few a's. I am going to try adn read this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
page 720
84.81% "Glaby dead? ALready! Then there's more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
page 740
87.16% "Ahhhhh I wanted Murtagh and Thorn to stay with Eragon! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"
November 13, 2011 – Shelved as: books-i-enjoyed-top-favorites
November 13, 2011 – Finished Reading
November 19, 2011 – Shelved as: favorites
October 21, 2012 – Shelved as: bestsellers
October 21, 2012 – Shelved as: dragons-my-type-of-sci-fi-books-bab
October 21, 2012 – Shelved as: i-won-a-copy

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Nandanie It actually came out on the 8th! I love the chapter with Saphira! She describes humans as "two legs and round ears"! and elves as"two legs and pointed ears!" it took me a while to understand...I would say what my favorite part really is but I dont' want to spoil it, let's just say that I feel pity for Nasuada, for she endured pain

Nandanie Cillian wrote: "Cool. Yeah, I'm aware it came out on the 8th, but if you look at my comment, it's dated on 10/22, the book wasn't out yet, but you rated it already, hence my question.
Can't wait to read your review!"

oh I love the series so much tha t I rated the book five stars, I love Paolini's writing!